25 Must-Know Social Media Marketing Statistics
You must master statistics in any field, social media is also no exception. Statistics are a great starting point for improving your social media marketing strategy. It can also help you assess your own performance in your field and even discover new opportunities.
Here are 25 must-know social media statistics for 2022.
- 74% percent of Facebook users check their accounts every day!
- Facebook accounts for 21% of all social media referral traffic!
- Nearly a 1.7billion accounts use Instagram Stories every day. As for the users, 500million of them use Instagram Stories every day.
- Tweets with images can receive approximately 160% more retweets than those without.
- 85% of small and medium-sized businesses offer customer service over Twitter.
- Pinterest has 291 million monthly active users.
- Young adults were early adopters of social media platforms. However, older adult usage continues to increase in recent years with more 50–64-year-olds using Facebook than those 18–29.
- This includes B2B marketers who ranked social media advertising second in success (29%) behind paid search (33%) for producing content marketing results.
- Instagram users spend 30 minutes each day on Instagram. And for any brand, this kind of social media usage is a marketer’s dream.
- Japan, North Korea, and the Netherlands spend the least amount of time on social media.
- In 2022, social media video ad spending will grow by 20.1% to $24.35 billion.
- The most popular hashtag on Instagram is #Love, followed by #Instagood and #Fashion.
- The number of Twitter users worldwide is expected to grow to over 340 million by 2024.
- 80% of parents say that their children (under 11) watch YouTube.
- 694.000 hours of video are streamed on YouTube each minute of the day.
- Gen-Z using Pinterest has increased by 40% YOY.
- 80% of weekly users have discovered a new brand or product on Pinterest.
- 84% of LinkedIn users login to help grow their professional network.
- The most-followed brands on LinkedIn include Google, Amazon, TED Conferences, Forbes, Unilever, and Microsoft.
- Year on year growth for DAUs has been 20% over five consecutive quarters.
- The most popular TikTok account is Charli D’Amelio, who has over 132 million followers.
- TikTok users spend, on average, a total of 19.6 hours a month scrolling through the app.
- 92% of all Tweets are made by just 10% of users.
- YouTube is the world’s second most visited site.
- 64% of marketers plan to invest more in short-form video in 2022.
Social media is a powerful tool for connecting with your target audience. Hopefully, the statistics provided help you learn a little more about the state of the social media industry. We recommend that you read our blog about social media trends.